Wednesday 9 July 2014

Meet The Most Creative Designer at Winasbet NSFDW 2014


Winasbet NSFDW which is now rated by Google as the Biggest Fashion

Week in Africa for fashion students had over 40 emerging designers who
showcased their various new collections. Vovwe Omoko a fresh graduate
from OSC College of Fashion emerged as the most creative designer of
the Fashion Week.

Team Unilag  features an exclusive interview on Vovwe. Sit down,
relax and enjoy.


Can we meet you?
Vovwe: I am vovwe omoko. The creative director of ovemsfashion. A graduate
of fine and applied arts delta state university. I recently also
graduated from the Osc College of Fashion.

How old are you?
Vovwe: I clocked 25 June 1st

Where are you from?
Vovwe: I am from otowodo in ughelli north local government area. Delta state.

At what stage would you say your interest in fashion began to manifest?
Vovwe: The truth is I have always been interested in fashion even as a
teenager. It only became more manifest or evident during my nysc.
After which I quit my job as s radio presenter to pursue this dream

What informed your participation at the Winasbet NSFDW?
Vovwe: I got a mail, inviting me to participate at this year's edition
of Winasbet NSFDW. I
called my school principal Mrs sola babatunde. She advised me to run
with it. So I did.

What was going through your mind as you were making your collection?
Vovwe: Well I really jusy wanted to make clothes that ladies of all
social strata could wear and feel classy, special and excellent in. My
passion which is to bring class into street fashion as such replacing
the usual trashy
looks inspired the collection .

 How has Winasbet NSFDW affected your career as a designer?
Vovwe: Honestly, Winasbet NSFDW has affected me positively, my confidence has
since been boosted, it has challenged me to be even more creative and
mature in my designs. The show also has increased the number of people
who now know about ovemsfashion. Its been great.

Through the various stages of the show, did you ever think you were
going to be the last designer standing ?
Vovwe: Oh no! I never ever in my widest dreams thought it would be me. I
was indeed favoured by God.

How do you feel about going on to participate at the Africa
Fashion week Nigeria for free?
Vovwe: I am excited but saddled with thoughts of the responsibility and
high level of creativity that would come with it. Its a privilege I
want to use properly to make Mrs Ronke Ademiluyi proud.

 The most important thing you learnt from your participation at the
Winasbet NSFDW?
Vovwe: One word, uniqueness. In the fashion industry every designer must
have something unique about his or her work.

 What kind of clothes do you make and what demography do you think
would especially favour them?
Vovwe: My clothes range from causal, to coporate, street and high
fashion. Not only ready to wear but also bespoke ( special order
service). Ovemsfashion has been favoured in all demography. As long as we
have people who love to look classy.

Advice to other upcoming Designers like you?
Vovwe: They should never give up, they should keep pushing, be
hardworking and prayerful. They should also try to come on board next
year and register for Winasbet NSFDW as its now the biggest Fashion
Week in Africa for emerging fashion designers.

Thank you so much for this opportunity. Am grateful to the organisers
of theWinasbet NSFDW and Mrs Ronke for the award. Also grateful to my friends
and team. We did it by grace.

‎Collection showcased: Chaste by ovems.
Stockist Details:
info@ovems.com
ovemsfashion @gmail.com
www.Facebook.com/ovemsfashion
Address : 8, oshifila street, anifowoshe, Ikeja by Ikeja new garage.
www.ijeme.com

7 Attachments






 


No comments:

Post a Comment